Getting a warranty for used cars makes a lot of sense but don’t be fooled into thinking that all warranties are good ones. It is not difficult to get a warranty for a used car these days but you should be aware that most of the warranties that you get will be almost good for nothing. If you take the time to read the paperwork you will discover that there is not really much that is covered and you can probably assume that it will be a nightmare to make a claim because of all the clauses in it. So when you purchase your second hand motor and the battery turns out to be a dud you then find out that the warranty doesn’t include the battery.
In order to avoid getting a useless warranty the best advice is to do a bit of research and spend a lot of time reading the contract. Asking plenty of questions of the warranty provider is important; these can include;
- Which parts of the car are covered by the warranty?
- Which parts of the car are not covered by the warranty?
- What situation could result in the warranty being deemed invalid?
- How would I go about claiming against this particular warranty?
- Can I use any garage of my choosing?
- What garages are approved by the warranty?
- Are there any hidden charges?
- Is there customer service for problems in relation to the warranty?
- Is it possible to have the warranty extended and if so how much will this cost me?
Asking these questions in the beginning is vital if you don’t want to end up with a warranty that is practically useless to you. Although it is good to be protected by a warranty, it is no use having one which won’t cover you for the things you want. You could also check out the warranty provider in question by going online to see if anyone else has had any problems with it.
When you think it’s time to look out for used cars, it’s always best to carry out a proper research ahead of time. Good research lets you find only the best models available. Once you’ve finished, you could find youself driving away from the dealers in a used cars middleton or even a used cars northampton.